By Design Shared pet kennels/caches

In-Game Name: Alfurius
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:42041396
Bug Description (Be as thorough as possible): When a pet kennel is shared, any player that uses it will see the contents of their OWN pet kennel - This is a good thing. It keeps the amount of pet kennels we would have out at any time down. The issue (if you can call it that) is, when the owner of the pet kennel goes offline, the pet kennel is disabled and No one can use it, even when it is (tribe) shared.

Are you able to replicate it?: Yes

How could I replicate the bug?: Use a (tribe)shared pet kennel of an offline user to summon your pets - the menu doesn't open. "This shelter is disabled."

Is there a serious reason that the shelters are disabled when the owner is offline, or is it something that needed to be changed, when we added the new prop-sharing system, that did not?  *There may also be a case of this with shared Tribe caches.

I'm confused at what you think the issue is..

This is the same as pcaches. The kennel is a pcache for pets.
The inventory is stored on the player so it disables when the player goes offline.

The reason it disables is because pets placed into a kennel will (unless I'm mistaken) go into the kennel of the player who owns it, not the player who placed it (or the owner of the pet while out). This is why kennels disable when the owner is offline.

(08-20-2016, 12:05 AM)MrPresident Wrote: I'm confused at what you think the issue is..

This is the same as pcaches. The kennel is a pcache for pets.
The inventory is stored on the player so it disables when the player goes offline.

The reason it disables is because pets placed into a kennel will (unless I'm mistaken) go into the kennel of the player who owns it, not the player who placed it (or the owner of the pet while out). This is why kennels disable when the owner is offline.

The thing I am looking for change in is disabling the use of the pet kennels by other players when the owner is offline, because they work perfectly otherwise.  

You cannot put your pet away into another players kennel, as many times as I have tried, It WILL NOT warp in, so keep that. You can take your own pets out of a shared pet kennel owned by another player, just not when they are offline.

I'm not going to change it. Just make your own kennel.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon