New world

Water, especially building in it, is not the best in source. It would be very hacky to have a structure under the water. It's not a bad idea, but probably not one I'm going to implement.

me and a couple of people were talking. everyone wants a new challenge. how about a graveyard. the gates could be locked aside from blood moon nights (optional). on blood moon a random casket pops out of the ground in which a fast zombie comes out of to protect. so while dealing with that and blood zombies it adds a new world that can have a small basic area outside and then also offers a new boss as well as new challenges. its like most of the things we have been chatting about all in one. just a thought. and its not super hard to make. just simple graveyard, yew trees around and it'll only be accessible during the hardest night of the spawns

what about a world where your on top of a giant mountain and you have to carefully make your way down it to resources and such? maybe even a little cave at the side of it.
"Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?" -Robert, from yahoo

What about a world like Ravenholm, full of zombies and headcrabs. So it's just a world specifically for grinding Combat. It'd be pretty awesome tbh and if you wanted to make it even more a challenge enable PVP on the world
"Once a potato, always a potato" - Potato

(01-08-2017, 09:46 PM)Potato Wrote: What about a world sort of like Ravenholm, except its full of zombies and headcrabs. So it's just a world specifically for grinding Combat. It'd be pretty awesome tbh.

While I would want something to help with the long grind of combat, a world like this would render the Pyamid World moot.  Antlions, an XP boost, and a vast landscape is more than enough for leveling up combat.

(01-08-2017, 07:11 PM)squartron Wrote: what about a world where your on top of a giant mountain and you have to carefully make your way down it to resources and such? maybe even a little cave at the side of it.

Sounds like the problem there is getting back up top.

Add a path back up, and most, if not all challenge is gone.  Don't, and it'll be too dangerous to set foot in, similar to the floating islands.  After all, there's the PVP world: clustered ores with a big XP boost to compliment it.
Sometimes physical persuasion is in order.
[Image: imperialism__animated__by_equumamici-d8qdl7g.gif]
I usually provide more than what's necessary.

And might as well toss in my suggestion, even though it's unlikely it's even possible to create in Source.

A giant pocket of air that is underwater, similar to the ones that can be found in ARK's map The Center, only bigger.  Despite my lack of knowledge of Source map design, I have a feeling it'll be rather tricky to create a giant block of water with a dome-shaped indent.
Sometimes physical persuasion is in order.
[Image: imperialism__animated__by_equumamici-d8qdl7g.gif]
I usually provide more than what's necessary.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon