No resources

Inspector Bonk

I started a 2 player listen server (to play g4p on solo) And the resources like trees, rocks and ore deposits aren't spawning and there isn't an admin menu to spawn that stuff. Pease help.
Edit 1: I used the official G4P map too.
Edit 2: I have clean install of Gmod all addons disabled except G4P content.
Edit 3: I reinstalled Gmod to be safe
Edit 4 (Most likely final edit): Everything works but structures that I pack don't save.

Last edited:

mrpresident

Administrator
Administrator
On the github page there is an install directions text file.
You need to make sure you not only install the gamemode, but also install the data folder portion which contains the spawn files for the map.
If you want to use a map other than the one I provided, you'll need to make your own resources using the console and run the build command to save it.

Inspector Bonk

On the github page there is an install directions text file.
You need to make sure you not only install the gamemode, but also install the data folder portion which contains the spawn files for the map.
If you want to use a map other than the one I provided, you'll need to make your own resources using the console and run the build command to save it.
Everything is working perfectly but saved/packaged structures do not save.

mrpresident

Administrator
Administrator
What are you trying to save? Packaged structures are just things like stoves and work benches, not whole bases.

mrpresident

Administrator
Administrator
Can you explain what you mean by it's not working? Any errors? It should just create an item in your inventory that you can later unpack.

Inspector Bonk

Can you explain what you mean by it's not working? Any errors? It should just create an item in your inventory that you can later unpack.
I was play gmstranded with a 2 player listen server so it would work; I was getting ready to disconnect so I packaged my props and left, then after awhile I started a 2 player listen server again so my stuff would be saved and when I went to the resource menu my packaged structures were all gone yet I still had skills saved and other resources and tools saved.

mrpresident

Administrator
Administrator
Interesting. If you pack something is it there before you leave? It sounds like the game didn't save your character before you shut the server off. With servers and especially listen servers, you need to save before you shut down. It auto saves every 5 minutes, but if you pack up and then shut down, you'll lose that stuff since the last save.

mrpresident

Administrator
Administrator
Nice. Yeah, just be sure you save before you shut down the server (even for single player or listen) to make sure that your player's inventory saves. It automatically saves when you disconnect from a dedicated server, but on listen servers if you shut it down with players still connected, it won't save automatically. If you want to save EVERYTHING, you can just run from the host player's console: sgs_saveall ... This will save all props on the map as well as all connected player's characters.